3 WINS Fitness is a student-driven organization. Your involvement is an integral part in your success, growth, and happiness in this community. Our goal is to create a quality program with quality instructors and prospective leaders.
All of our programming is currently conducted in-person only. In this capacity we will continue to promote lifelong physical fitness for our participants and staff.
This is the PERFECT time for you to get involved to differentiate yourself from your KIN peers, gain valuable transferable skills such as public speaking, have the opportunity to receive a strong letter of recommendation, gain applicable experience in the field of Kinesiology, and improve your resume!
Ready to take the next steps? Review the following requirements to join our 3 WINS Family!
All Staff Requirements
- You are a Kinesiology student at California State University, Northridge
**Community College Kinesiology students and alumni are welcome**
- Maintain or have graduated with at least a 2.75 GPA or organization approval. Contact email@example.com for approval.
- Maintain a current CPR certification. For more information on how to acquire a CPR certification, CLICK HERE
- Complete a CITI Human Subjects/IRB training before submitting the online application. Refer to the following document for instructions on completing the training: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
- Complete an Instructor Competency Exam that is administered during the first 3 weeks of the semester. Testing details will be provided at the first meeting of the semester. Staff who have passed the exam in a prior semester are exempt.
- Attend at least 1 day, preferably 2 or 3 days, of park programming on:
Monday | Wednesday | Friday
7:45 AM – 9:45 AM
- Complete a LiveScan background check for park involvement
- If you are a Junior or Senior attending CSUN, you are eligible to enroll in KIN 494 for Academic Internship Credit for 1, 2, or 3 units. All 494 paperwork must be completed within the first 2 weeks of the semester. Paperwork will be EMAILED to you after you complete your staff application.
Next, we want you to clear your schedule for the following time slots:
In-Person Exercise Program
MONDAY | WEDNESDAY | FRIDAY
7:45 AM - 9:45 AM
If you require academic internship credit (CSUN Juniors and Seniors only), please note there is a minimum hour requirement that must be fulfilled to receive credit for KIN 494:
For 1 unit, 45 hours need to be logged
For 2 units, 90 hours need to be logged
For 3 units, 135 hours need to be logged
Now, identify what position(s) you would like to pursue in our program from:
2) Lead Instructor
3) Q1 Instructor
4) Assistant Instructor**
* Must be involved a minimum of 1 year before applying
** All NEW students must apply for Assistant Instructor
Regardless of your position and status in the program, intern or volunteer, this program is like any other internship, volunteership, or job. We do our best to accommodate with your schedules, but we ask that you commit to the days you declare your availability, show up on time, and engage in the program. You need to create YOUR story. The one that YOU will tell to your interviewer for grad school, a job, or other post-grad programs. Simply showing up and writing “3 WINS Fitness” on your resume will not differentiate yourself, nor will it grant you a quality letter of recommendation. Control your destiny!
All Ready? Complete the following steps to apply.
Please have the following ready to upload on to our online application:
- Scanned or digital copy of a current CPR certification
- Certificate of Completion for CITI Human Subjects/IRB training